About the position:
This is a role where you’ll be responsible for development within our WordPress Multisite environment, as well as some WordPress admin management. This will include tasks like user management, theme building, plugin creation, customer site creation, feature development, and taking websites live.
Primarily, our current focus is on creating plugins and our goal is to incorporate VueJS into our plugin development. We also have ideas for some internal tools we can build in order to help us better manage our business as a team.
A plus (but not a requirement) is some DevOps knowledge, particularly regarding: hosting and managing WordPress multisites, Apache, Ubuntu, reporting and server error catching/logging/prevention.
This position is a great opportunity to get hands-on digital experience working with small businesses in the holistic health industry. This remote position has weekly virtual team meetings and flexible scheduling.
Who we are looking for:
- We are seeking a Part-Time Developer (with potential to flex up hours as we grow) who thrives in a remote environment to join our fast-growing team!
- Plugin creation, updates, testing, and troubleshooting
- Develop features that can be used within our WordPress environment
- Develop tools for internal use
- Assist in the management of WordPress user accounts and access
- Stay up-to-date on WordPress system releases
- Research, deploy, and troubleshoot plugins to fulfill customer and company needs
- Set up customer sites in our WordPress environment
- Note that all design and content will be handled by our fulfillment team, but experience working with editors and frameworks like Divi are a plus!
- Routing sites via Apache and setting up SSL via certbot and taking websites live.
- Working collaboratively as a team in a Git controlled environment.
- Support production environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Great communication skills.
- Experience with basic WordPress system management
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and creativity
- Experience developing for WordPress – plugins, multisites, and child themes
About Digital Balance:
Digital Balance is a seed stage technology company focused on helping health and wellness practitioners. We help healers have more time to do what they do best: help others. Through our website design and marketing services, we make it easier for practitioners to grow their businesses, find new customers, and engage with their communities.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Part-Time
Pay: Up to $25.00 per hour
Professional development assistance
Monday to Friday
PHP: 2 years (Preferred)
Vue: 1 year (Preferred)
Software development: 2 years (Preferred)
WordPress: 1 year (Preferred)